In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas #2

The afternoon kicked off with Christmas with Greg. He is our sweet friend from Temple that graces us often with a stay in the upstairs guest room. He is a faithful brother to Jared and I. The girls just adore him and vice versa. It was a wonderful Christmas. I have to admit that my cheesy gift paled in comparison to his generous creative gift, but I think he liked it.
Then, we went to the Carols and Candlelight service. Beautiful!

We then headed over to the Durhams' for pizza. Jared was helping Greg put his gift for the D kids together!

Finally about 11pm...(yes, I know.) We began. We decided this year to have a small intimate family Christmas with just the four of us on the Sunday before we left town for all the major festivities. We really did not want to drag gifts from here to Timbuktu and back again. It was nice to just be us. I can't remember the last time I got to give Jared a gift with just the two of us! I love watching his expressions! He always gets so excited no matter how lame my attempt at a gift. Karoline had watched me wrap them and put them under the tree weeks before and patiently waited till we gave the OK. She would sweetly open one and then give one to Klaire. Klaire really only wanted to eat the paper so Karoline kindly helped her. Karoline would then give one to mommy and daddy. We then enjoyed some snacks and put the girls in bed.

It was defiantly a new tradition!

(Jared must have downloaded my pics on his computer...I will update pics later.)

No comments: