In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pressing Through

Update.

Klaire had her re-eval. She did not qualify for speech. The speech path told me that Klaire has the ability to do everything she should be able to do at her age. She doesn't measure how well she does it or to what extent she can do it....just that fact that she can. I am thrilled that KG has caught up a 1.5 year delay in less than 5 months, don't get me wrong. But I feel the same way I did after her hearing test. Just unsettled. The dr. said that she thought KG's behavior was the problem not her speech anymore. Awesome. Exactly what I want to hear.

The dr. we are seeing next week is suppose to look at KG as a whole person. I guess like a puzzle person. Seeing how all of this we are going through and have been through fits together.

I am asking the Lord calm my spirit. I find myself so stinkin angry most days and when I'm not, I still fly off the handle really easy. I am really have a difficult time with the girls. They have entered this stage where they are upset, angry, screaming, hitting, spitting and just being down right disrespectful to us. I am so tired of this that I am in tears. I have asked a few people if their kids have done this and they look at me like I am crazy and of course their child would never do that. I desparatly need a woman who has been where I am to give me guidance and wisdom. If you know her, please send her my way.

Thank you for walking motherhood with me sweet ones.

6 comments:

C:M:W said...

Thinking of you friend! Loved hanging with you for a little while today.

Amanda said...

Oh Krystal. You need to come spend some time with me. I will make you feel normal. Jackson has continually brought me to my knees. Annabeth is just now getting interactive enough for them to fight, so I don't know a lot about that yet. But I would say the year between 2.5 and 3.5 for Jacks was the most frustrating time of my life. His behavior has gotten a lot better and I have high hopes for age 4! You're a great mom. Hang in there!

Jill Marie said...

Girl, EVERY kid goes through some sort of defiance stage.....it's just that not every mom likes to admit it! OR, it just gets better and they forget about the hard times because things are already so much better. But Please know you are NOT alone! Tyler is turning 3 this weekend and we have had our stages of defiance and fits.....and I'm sure there are more to come. Just keep being firm, keep loving them, and know that you ARE a good mom. If you weren't, you wouldn't care WHAT they did....and obviously you do. It's all gonna get better. Love you.

Debbie Grimes said...

Krystal,
I'm so glad you are able to be at home with your children..you will never regret it! Miss seeing you in the hallways and chattinig, but I LOVE retirement and being able to see our precious grandbabies! Will keep your family in my prayers...you are a GREAT Momma!

leah said...

I know that "unsettled" feeling well. Nolan has had a fluctuating hearing loss, and when his hearing loss improves, it is almost more stressful than when it is at worse levels. You would think I would be jumping for joy, but I just become... stressed.

I think it is because mothers are protective, and are the main advocates for their children. It can be hard to constantly adjust to a new normal, and you want to be SURE that everything is really OK!

I lean a lot on Jeremiah 29:11, because it brings me peace.

Also, my kids have both gone through HORRIBLE defiance ages. My oldest is the most difficult- but they say those who are strong willed as children have very strong spirits, so that when they are older they will not be easily swayed and will be strong-willed for what is right. It can be hard on Mom in the meantime, though!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.