In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Excuse the randomness of the post.

Over the last few months, the Lord has been pulling me through a transition of the heart. I have always wanted to be home but I have never been so broken over that longing. My heart is ready. It has hit me that I have no idea what to do when I stay at home.
I know how to go to work every day. I know how to teach school with excellence and prepare a group of children to read and write. I know how to be a working mom and balance life.

I have no idea how to be a stay at home mom. How do I maintain my home, maintain my children, maintain my husband. Is there like a manual or something?
I believe fully that the Lord will equip me for what He has called me to. Just some fears coming out.

A couple of weeks ago, our friend Chuck Pope was showing us some pictures of his trip to Israel. I was admiring this gorgeous shot he got of the Eastern Gate in Jerusalem. After hearing this, Jared took this information, had it blown up and framed in this beautiful piece for our living room. This was my gift for Mother's Day from the girls. I will try to put it up here soon.

We got some friends together for a Mother's Day art night. So fun! We sat around the kitchen table at our house, painted and shared a meal. The kids painted the canvas, the moms wrote the verses and the kids signed their names and added their hand prints. Hopefully, I can put some pictures of it up too! We chose Proverbs 31:28. Her children arise and call her blessed.

I have a post for my Mom coming later...:)

All in all. I love this day.

No comments: