In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Friday, May 1, 2009

Do It Yourself

I am a do-it-yourself-er. If there is a job to be done, I more than likely will attempt to do it myself. This mainly streams from my desire to be "budget friendly", but sometimes it turns to bit me in the tail.

I have always cut Jared and the girls' hair myself and done a fairly good job if I can say so. Well, the day before Easter, Jared was complaining that he needed a trim, so I obliged. I trimmed his hair and then both girls, then I got brave. I decided to give myself a little trim too. Can I just say that trying to cut hair that you cannot see is not the brightest idea. It wasn't awful but it was definitely not even. For the next couple of weeks, I just wore it anyway but down.

I ended up going to the salon and getting it cut by a lady who I will kindly call "cat woman" for now. She trimmed up the ends as she scolded me for trying to do her job. Then, she proceeded to give me five different "cut, dry & fix" looks. I was finally satisfied with the outcome.

The hair is now about 7 inches shorter and back to the original "Katie Holmes" bob that I so love.

On another note, last night I decided that the dog needed a hair cut too. I got Jared electric razor from the cabinet (Sorry J, love you.) and began to cut away. I first tried the #6 then #4, then we just moved to no guard at all. After the first strip of thick, matted, dirty, bug invested hair was on my lap, I realized this job was much bigger than I had assumed.

1.5 hours later...dog is shaved to the bone. Except the neck/face and 1/2 the legs. I just couldn't get those for some reason. Anyways, Lily feels great and also like a Suave Watermelon flavored treat!

Jared was bit taken back to find the "new" dog asleep in the pack n play with me in the house. I just couldn't put her back outside after the shave and shower.

All this to say, I totally recommend do it yourself haircuts, maybe just not on yourself.

Happy May Day!

2 comments:

The McCoys said...

Oh how I love you and your frugality :)

Anonymous said...

Laughing!:) Can you post a pic of your hair? Thats so great Jared will let you cut his hair, I think Jon would laugh at me if I even asked!