In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Thursday, May 8, 2008

Compelled!

Here's the question that the Lord has been pressing on me HARD!

Why do you do what you do?

Why do you cook, clean, shop, love, buy, talk, write, walk, etc? Why do you make dinner, pick up your hubby's socks, open a door for a woman with four kids under the age of 4? Why? You get the drift. Everything. Why do you do it? Why do I do it?

I know the answer, but my heart and mind struggle to make it real somedays. The motions are so well rehearsed. Not by choice just routine I guess.

I want to do what I do not because I am suppose to do it but because Christ loved me so much that He died for me.

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 2 Cor. 5:14

I want to be compelled!

Every moment of every day...Why do you do what you do? I want to hear your heart!

2 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Hi Krystal! Thanks for commenting on my blog. It is always fun to make new "friends" in this crazy blog world. :) It is fun having 2 girls so close in age. They are starting to become not only sister's, but friends as well. It is so neat to see - and a blessing. I wished you lived closer and we could do a play date or something with all of our girls. It seems like everyone lives in the Dallas area. Hope you have a great weekend and a wonderful Mother's Day!! :)
Ashley McWhorter

Oh- That is crazy that your maiden name is McWhorter. Wonder if we're related some how. Hmmmmmmm..... :)

Janelle and Ella said...

This is a good word, Krystal!!! It's got me thinking!