In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Pump

It feels like Christmas time around our house for me! Yesterday, I went and purchased my very own breast pump! No renting this time...we took the plunge! I spent a good portion of the night reading all the manuals and trying out my new friend. It's awesome! Anything beats the hand pump. Any advice for pumping? I don't really want to pump for storage just to keep my supply healthy and full. Although, I have to say it is defiantly no comparison to spending that time with sweet Klaire. My goal through it all is to build up my supply so that when school gets out in June, we can drop all formula and straight nurse. When Klaire was three weeks old and about to get her tongue clipped, the doctor had us start supplementing with formula to boost her weight and now she is really liking the easy bottle feed and doesn't like to have to work for it with me. So....we are tirelessly doing all...nursing, pumping, mixing and again, and again...you get the picture! 

Jared is making me leave his office now so he can work more...He was sweet to let me out of the house to blog for a bit!

Here's to...
Janelle- Happy Assistant Day to you! Thank you for making Jared's life so much easier! He is blessed to have a sweet spirited, humble helper in you!

Amanda-I am thrilled to see you this weekend! Enjoy the drive down!


6 comments:

Vonda said...

Ha! Mary Ellen used to us an electric pump...it was so awesome! Anyway, good luck with the pump.

Janelle and Ella said...

Thanks Krystal! I am blessed to be able to work at such an AMAZING place with amazing people, like JARED! It's the best. Love you! Glad you were able to get a great pump. It makes all the difference.

Amanda said...

Um, I'm cracking up at Vonda saying that a pump was awesome. Ha ha! You need to ask Janelle for some good tips because she pumped for a long time. I could never get those electric ones to work for me. Eat lots of oatmeal to keep your supply going. Hope that helps!

Kevin and Christie said...

girl...i had to pump a lot so email me if you want any extra help...i LOVED mine!

C:M:W said...

I know nothing about a breast pump.....I can tell you how to use the Gas pump though!!!!

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

Hope everything goes well with the pumping! I heard beer helps your milk supply but I didn't try it or anything. :0