In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Clip from a day in Kinder

We are studying about US Presidents right now in Kindergarten. Ms. Herrera (my friend that teaches bi-lingual), was discussing all the cool stuff that the President gets to do because he is the President. After talking about all the power of the President's office, the little boy (the one that always makes you just shake your head), decides to share his view on the subject. He informs Ms. Herrera and the class that because the President is so powerful that he definatly gets all the women! Ms. Herrera tried to just keep going, but apparently he was very serious and wanted some affirmation of his answer! He began to explain how power meant that you got all the women and any women you want, when you want! She stood proudly as any teacher should and informed him that women were not an object and would not be owned by anyone. This quickly went in one 5 year old's ear and out the other! he finally let it go and moved on to being able to eat any flavor of ice cream at 3 in the morning! Oh geez! This is just another day at my school! Gotta love 'em!

1 comment:

valerie said...

Hi,
I was on the LPM website and came upon yours.
I used to teach kindergarten...for 17 yrs to be exact.
I would come home with funny & amusing stories every day. They are a hoot, aren't they?
One little boy lived with his great-grandpa so he always spoke so slow and "hick." One day came up to my desk and asked me if "this" school had ever been robbed before? I told him no it hadn't...why? and he said, "Well, I caint (emphasis on the long "a") find my pencil. I have a book full of stories. Fun times.
I retired and now work in an office with adults and I get an hour off for lunch! :)
Have a good weekend.
Valerie