In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Thursday, December 13, 2007

Loved

Last night was the Christmas Skating Extravaganza for the Middle Schoolers! It was so fun! We skated, laughed, played and ate junk for a good two hours! I got really tickled at my sweet husband racing around the arena chasing these kids and desperately trying to beat them! He (sadly) lost to another kid and was pouring down sweat after the race. The kid acted as if it was no big deal to fly at the speed of light and stop on a dime. I guess our bodies just aren't what they used to be!

I am learning that one the greatest gifts the Lord can give us is the chance to see the fruit of our labor. So many times, we work, we minister, we pour out...only to say goodbye before the fruit is ripe. I realized last night as I chatted with some 8th grade girls that we have been ministering to for the last 3 years that they got it. They are ripe! They know who the Lord is...the evidence and fruit in their lives is blossoming without a glimpse of frost. I am so grateful to know that they were listening. All those moments when you think to yourself,"Why in the world am I here, they don't get anything I am saying!" I am just in awe of our faithful Father! He is so gracious to let me see "my girls" love Him on their own.

Our mission for the next who knows how long is for these girls in Middle School to know that they are loved by the King of Kings above all else. If they can grasp this love, I believe that all other knowledge of grace and mercy, peace and faith will come with time, age and experience. The Lord has just really pressed upon me the need for HIS love to be showered upon these young ladies.

I am thrilled about our night class for the Spring time with the girls! We are going to take worship songs that we sing a lot and personalize them. I have been so convicted of singing the words to songs and making our kids sing the words without it meaning something in their hearts. I want to make the connection with them between worship and life. I want them to be integrated that there is no separation! I feel like I am preaching to myself! We hopefully can take lines of the songs that grab their heart and life and turn it into a piece of art that they can put in their room as a reminder of who the Lord is to them!

We love because HE has FIRST LOVED US! Thank you Jesus for middle school girls!

No comments: