In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Where's Daddy?

The universe has this mean way of making life strange when Jared leaves for a trip. (By the way, he has only been gone one night and my grandparents are here to help too.) Karoline just decides that she is not hungry and want to throw her veggies against the wall. Her sweet spirit wakes up at the three with a cheerful heart ready to play with mom. The rains come and destroy our patio, literally bending the poles. Lily's dog house floods then allows her to track mud throughout my clean house as I open the door. You know the list goes on and on...

We did however have some yummy stew made by Mamaw Niven for dinner. To compliment the stew I was going to create some yummy cornbread. So...I poured the mix, dumped the sugar and cracked the egg. Now, as I ventured to get the milk (just that tiny 1/3 cup), I saw WE HAD NO MILK!!! There goes the cornbread! Anyways, I just threw in some water instead, since I don't know my neighbors well enough to ask for milk, and life went on. Dinner was great! I was a little distraught over veggies on the wall and the lack of milk in my cornbread but what can you do! Life is still good!

My sweet Mamaw unpacked our house in one day. All of our clothes are freshly washed whether they needed it or not and hung in our closets with care. Every inch of our home is spotless and smells like a daisy, even the dog! Thank you Jesus for family!

3 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

Yea, I'm so glad you started a blog!!! I can't wait to see all of the precious pictures of Karoline you'll post.

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

Speaking of pictures (as Janelle said), it is that little square on the tools bar. hint, hint... I want to see some cute Karoline pics!

Amanda said...

Girlfriend, how am I just now finding this? I'm gonna catch up now. And please come to my house next time you run out of something! I can't promise I'll have it, but my heart is willing!