In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Thursday, September 13, 2007

Say what???

I love the words children use because you know everything they said has probably been heard from home. I hear stories about funny noises from mom and dad's room when they have to go to bed early to what dad says when he's hungry to discipline tools in the kitchen. Kinder kids tell it all. They have no secrets and I get to hear them all! Today, as we are beginning developmental centers, I hear this voice coming from home center...one my kids has all the other kids on the floor correcting their behavior. He has a rolling pin in his hand pointing to each child as he instructs them according of course. I begin to hear each of their consequences from their disobedience to him and the "dad" of the house. One has to go to the "control chair" for 4 minutes, one has to lose 10 minutes of computer time, one has to clean the table and chairs with a baby wipe. The list goes on. I got so tickled because kids are such a poser of their home life.
It made think about how good of a poser am I of Christ. Do I mimic His every action? Do I imitate His words? I don't think I do. This is my mission...I need to go back to being a child and imitate the One!

Parents though....when you tell them what happened at school, they just look at you flabergasted and say, "Well, I have no idea where they heard that word because I never have said that before." I just smile and say, "Well, you know, they probaly heard it on T.V. or something, but...you could help me to teach them to think of more intelligent words to say instead."

1 comment:

Murrell Family said...

That's great! I love hearing stories of what kids say...which will also hopefully make me more cautious of what I say around Joshua!