In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Friday, January 1, 2010

Reflections 09

I came across this list of reflection questions and thought I would share...I would love to know your thoughts on 09 too!

Reflection Questions for 2009

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
Having the opportunity to stay at home with the girls.

2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
Learning to keep up the house on a daily basis.

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Getting a mini van.

4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
Finding out about lil K's delays.

5. Pick three words to describe 2009.
Rewarding, Lonely, Revealing

6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2009 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
Faithful, Stressful, Better

7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2009 (again, without asking).
Busy, Exciting, Better

8. What were the best books you read this year?
The Power of Prayer to change your Marriage by Stormie Omartian

9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
J

10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
Trying to retrain my life from a working mom to a stay at home mom.

11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
It has been really difficult to be alone most of the day with just the kids. I have gone through a season of loneliness. At first, it was hard to be alone and a little uncomfortable but now I almost like myself again. I don't need others to fulfill me.

12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
The Lord has drawn me into a season of loneliness to draw me to Him. When I was constantly surrounded with others, they are who I shared my life with first not Him. He has changed that! I find myself talking to Him all day long about the dumbest things. My relationship has more depth than I have had in quite some time. He is teaching me to walk slowly with Him, moment by moment. Not getting ahead of what He is showing me. I am learning what it means to be a mom/wife, how to create a home. My job is now to love my family, cook, clean, etc all for the glory of serving the Lord through serving them. I need to do it with joy and excellence. It's a work in progress!

13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
I'm still around 105lbs. A lot of heart issues this year along with a few deficiencies. Working them out and waiting for the Lord to give guidance.

14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
Listening and be able to relate to others moms in my transition.

15. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home?
I don't think I have one yet.

16. What was your most challenging area of home management?
Laundry.

17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
TV...I like it too much.

18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
Making extra time to spend with J...he's my favorite!

19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
How important it is that J and I stay on top of our girls...especially discipline. We can't give them an inch :)

20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2009 for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!