In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Friday, September 25, 2009

Results

Wednesday: I cleaned house most of the day to take out some stress of the upcoming test. My grandparents came in after church to stay with us and watch Karoline during the test at our house. Sleep and I did not see eye to eye until about 3am. 2 hours of sleep did me well though.

Thursday:
We got up at 5 and headed up to the hospital around 6:30am. Klaire was in good spirits and enjoyed her last clear liquids. We met J's parents at the hospital. They were so sweet to stay with us for the day and keep our nerves at bay. After checking in, we headed down to the room.

Klaire got to change in her cute little hospital jammies and did her vitals. Then came the loopy juice. It knocked Klaire out. She was hilarous! She was so cute too!

They took her back while J and I had some breakfast with his parents.

We came back at 10 and met with the Audiologist.

She said that Klaire has PERFECT HEARING! What???!?!?!? I think I fell out of the chair. That was not an expected sentence for me. Praise the Lord and still What?!?!?! Also, the ENT said there was no fluid so no procedures were done.

I had so many emotions. I felt weird, confused, disappointed and stupid. How does she have perfect hearing? Could she be really just IGNORING us??? Did they do the test wrong? I felt like an idiot.

I have many more thoughts that I'll save for myself. All to say...WHAT?!?! I just don't get it.

We talked over some options and thoughts with the dr. She said a few things that could be options for Klaire.

1. We could look at the possiblity of Autisim.

2. We could look at it as possible processing issue. For example, she hears the word dog just fine but her brain tells her it is cat.

3. We look at more behavior therapy.

4. We wait.

The Lord has not prompted us to do more than the ABR. I feel lost at the moment. Until He speaks a direction to us, we are going to wait.

I am going to praise Him while we wait, knowing and believing that He has a plan that is good and prosperus for our family.

My heart is in constant motion. I have such peace amongst SO many questions. Strange. Only God.

We are going to continue our Sign Language classes. He has not asked us to stop those. Klaire is signing and understanding the signs. Communication is good!


Sorry for the rambling of words.

We are so grateful for your support and prayers. God is pouring His love on us and we are soaking it up!

4 comments:

leah said...

Having no answers can be the hardest thing of all! At least you have ruled out hearing loss, and can continue with sign language and therapy to work with her. Auditory processing can cause real problems with words, as can speech problems like apraxia (my older son has a speech delay without a hearing loss).

God will guide you, protect you, and give you all the resources you need for your precious little girl! She will blossom under your loving care!

Blessings,

Leah

Amanda said...

Krystal, I have no words right now. But praise God for His faithfulness to your family and for giving you such peace. We will be praying for y'all!

Magen said...

He'll give you wisdom as she grows up a little more. That is GREAT news! Praise God!

C:M:W said...

My heart is warm for your family. We will continue praying for sweet Klaire... and the rest of the gang.