In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Friday, May 29, 2009

Alabama

I went to my cousin Nick's graduation from high school a couple of weeks ago. This was my first trip alone in a long time. I flew out on Friday night and came back to Dallas on Tuesday morning. It was so nice to be with family, although I really missed my hubs and girls!
Here's some highlights...

Friday. I threw up before the plane and on the plane both (thank you Dad for my "motion sick" genes, screamed as the planes descended (thank you nasty ear infection) while curled up in a ball shaking. I just love flying!
Cindy picked me up. I always LOVE seeing her! We headed home and picked up Kaitlin a little later. Nick was out and about as most seniors are. K and I enjoyed some fries and grilled cheese for a late night snack.

Saturday. Slept ALOT while trying to get over the sinus infection. Mamaw and Poppy arrived in time for dinner. We watched Gladiator! LOVE THAT!

Sunday. Church at FBC Tillman's Corner. AWESOME! We watched Nick be presented to the church and then had a lunch at the church to celebrate.
I just need to put a plug here. Nick is a one of a kind guy. He loves the Lord like I have never seen in a kid. Nick is an encourager to those around him. I loved watching the other kids flock around him. His personality is contagious! He is hilarious! He is loving and kind. He also is an awesome worship leader! You know when you watch someone lead, you can just see the Spirit in them. That's Nick. Jesus is bursting from within him. Ok, I'll stop for now. :)
Sunday night. We got to watch Kaitlin perform in her end of year choir musical! She rocks!!! She has the greatest sense of humor EVER! I love that is a quiet force. K is gentle yet strong. She is the ultimate friend! I hope my girls learn a thing or two from her! She is the definition of leading by action not just by words!

Monday. Oh Monday. We took K to school for a couple of exams. Then, C and I did some grocery shopping. We ate lunch and then got ready for graduation. Nick had left about 30 mins before us for graduation. As were about to leave, he called. He had been in a wreck. Can I just say how proud I was of Cindy, John and Nick! They were all so calm. Nick was ok but the Xterra was no more. Another kid had pulled out in front him and Nick did the best to avoid him but just couldn't. I want to give glory to the Lord. This could have been a really nasty accident but the Lord orchestrated his will and we could not be more grateful! Thank you Holy Spirit for guiding Nick's hand. Thank you that he walks with you!

Me, Cindy, John, Aunt Sue, Kaitlin, Mamaw and Poppy, and of course Nick. We all stood at the wreck until the officers let Nick go. K and I cleaned out his car and saved the beautiful graduation cap and gown. :)

We made it 3 mins before N had to walk in. God is good!

I was SO proud for him to walk across the stage!!!! What a mess am I? I blame all the emotions on motherhood. It's made me a tear factory!!

We had a lovely dinner afterwards at Friday's with some of his friends. K and I got to share a table, some artichoke dip and chicken fingers...YUM!

Tuesday...C took me to the airport at the crack of dawn. We both cried. Nothing new there with us. :)

Tuesday am...J picked me up and drove me straight to work.

The End.
Enjoy some pictures...




No comments: