In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Man

Update: This is a great article from Dr. Dobson about where he is now.

Last night as we were going to bed, I over heard Jared yell, "Dr. Dobson retired!" I ran into the bedroom only to hear Dr. Dobson himself correct the news anchor and say that he is merely on sabbatical while finishing up Bringing up Girls. Wheww! This morning I googled his site and found this article. I'll be on pins and needles until then!

On another note, Jared and I so love this book by Dr. Dobson. We have always thought of Karoline as a strong willed child but the more I read, I tend to think differently. She is not a sheep by any means and definitely not a wolf. She is not a hateful or defiant child at all. She just wants to check us to see who is in charge. She will weigh out the choices to see if the candy is worth the spanking. Usually though, once we say no, she gets it. We do have our days though :)

We are trying to spank less, discipline more. Dobson is helping me understand this concept. I'll let you know when I get it. :) Maybe, Bringing up Girls will help!

***I have alot of posts coming with pictures archiving January-Now...be ready!

No comments: