In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Friday, March 27, 2009

Klaire's first birthday was on Saturday while we were at youth camp. I was not happy about it. I so wanted the day to be all about her. Everyone to be focused on my baby girl. But that was not what happened. I sound so bitter don't I? We had a great day and tons of people gave her lots of birthday wishes and love. I know we need to have a party for her to do all the cake stuff but I feel like we missed out by not doing it on that day. Does that totally sound dumb?
I think I was expecting the same as it was for Karoline. Her day was HER DAY!
All this to say, I am having a hard time with this all.

I find myself wanting and TRYING so hard to keep them on the same page. I want them to walk at the same age, talk at the same age, get equal parts of dinner, etc. I don't want to leave room for one to make fun of the other or leave room for, well I hope you understand what I am saying.

I know that they are two different people and the Lord has given them different gifts and I want them to be excellent at them.

I am realizing while I write this that I am not talking about gifts but material things.

Well there it is...blah

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh, I know how you feel! We had this huge party for Logan and now we don't really have anything planned for Spencer's first birthday. His birthday is this Friday, and my husband won't even be back from a business trip until late that night. I feel so bad, since we aren't having a party either. At least, he will have cake on Saturday!! :) Happy Late Birthday Klaire!!

Brigette said...

We are soooo ready and wanting to come to yall's house for Klaire's 1st birthday party!!! We LOVE Miss Klaire!! Tell us when and where and we are there! We got her present about a month ago, so she needs to open it!!

Friday night maybe? :)

The Self Cottage said...

awe! i can see myself struggling with this when my second comes...just wanting them to be treated equally. At least little Klaire isn't old enough to compare herself to Karoline yet. That will be a whole other ballgame. Wow i realize how much i need to pray about as I prepare for the next- ah! Happy Birthday precious Klaire, we love you!