In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The First Day

The first day of a new class, new school, new procedures...the list goes on and on! But you know that I love the new! As Melissa's son Toby would say, "Thank you God for the restart button on my video game!". What a sweet picture of grace. I love that Jesus has given us the "start over" button!

The day was good. I have 16 different personalities,4 different languages, a couple of different religions and a million different needs in my class. Each one brings a special sense of life to the table. My class is defiantly a glimpse of what heaven will be like! All voices reaching out to our Lord! This year is going to stretch my methods of teaching for sure! No doubt, I am really having to think about every little thing this year to accommodate my kids. It's ok though! Jesus will not give me more than I can handle. I need to be just honored that He thinks that I can do it in the first place.

Pray that the year will be smooth. The trials that come would be eased by Jesus. He would give me direction and kind words. Pray that He will continue to build in me a loving discipline towards all.

These are my kids. Please pray over their names if you can. Thank you in advance for laying them before the Father!

Sana, Raul, Nicole, Aliyah, Abby, Jacob, Cheyenne, Damilola, Amanda, Le'Nyla, Jaedin, Jadyn, Brianna, Corey, Ramo'n

Praise to Him who is ABLE to all things well!

2 comments:

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

I'll be praying for your sweet class!

Unknown said...

I am so, so glad that you are liking your new school!