In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Sunday, June 15, 2008

Scoop 101

I must be honest...I am not so much angry anymore as hurt. The reality of the Enemy's power over the world and people is hitting me hard.  My job is really the only thing in my life that is not called "Christian" so to say. Is that sad? What do you think? Reality check.  

Situation: Person A tells Person B (me) on the last day of school as I am leaving for summer that she will not have a position for me at my current school because I am not a bilingual teacher. The district will place me at a new school that needs an English speaking teacher unless I find a new school myself. There is more to the story that involves a lot of emotion that I have surrendered so we just won't go there. 

As I began my summer quiet time study, my heart was convicted of the anger, bitterness, doubt, I could probably go on and on with the sinful thoughts I had toward Person A, the school system and the situation. Leave it to Beth to speak a fresh Word into my harden heart! Who knew that a study over the fruit of the Spirit would speak to me about persecution on Day 1. Talk about the Spirit meeting you where you are! Thank you, Jesus!  In Acts 13, Paul and Barnabas are spreading the Word of the Lord, the Gentiles are joyful and glad, honoring the Word. The Jews got "top dog" men and women to stir up persecution  against P and B, expelling them from the region. Here's the gold..."So, THEY SHOOK THE DUST OFF THEIR FEET AND WENT ON!" Whoa! My heart be still. I don't think I even have to explain, the Word says it all. Amen!

I never understood persecution to be more than sharing the gospel until now. I see persecution against the character of Christ in us. We can be persecuted for thoughts, actions, words and feelings. I can only imagine how Jesus felt as he walked the road to the cross, felt as people questioned and criticized his every move, how God felt as he saw His 32? years on earth. The emotions of  a Father, a friend. Persecution is deep. Jesus, use this attack of the enemy for your glory. Only You know how to turn pain into beauty. No pain, no gain. I want to GAIN! I could go on for hours but you are probably getting tired of reading and Karoline is starting to push buttons on the Mac. (Sorry, hubby!)

***We are in Texarkana for the week while Jared in on Mission Trip 08 in Houston! Shout out to the Smith's and Jones', Love you guys and girls! Expect some fun stories and pictures to come your way.

XOXOXOX



1 comment:

Amanda said...

Krystal, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I pray that in the end it will have worked out for your good. I'm so glad God gave you a word at just the right time. Shake the dust off your feet and go bless another school with your talents. I love you!