In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13



Friday, June 27, 2008

Diaper Dilemna

We have a new major dilemna in our house. Karoline has decided that she doesn't need to wear a diaper anymore. Every time we wake her up from a nap or wake her up in the morning she is naked. Let me rephrase...butt naked! I don't know what to do with her. She just hands us the diaper and says,"I pa-poo" or "I ta-too" and then when you take the diaper she says, "Thank too". I don't think she is ready to potty train yet, but I don't know. She doesn't seem to know the "sensation" of going to the bathroom before it happens but as soon as it does she wants it fixed. What do we do? I need advice! Do we try the potty training or maybe some special panties? Help????

2 comments:

Denita said...

Hi Krystal,

We dealt with the same issue with our son. Here is the link to my entry about it last year (http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/thejourneyc/290620/)

We ended up purchasing the "old school" liners from Wal-Mart and simply placed it over the disposable diaper.

Stay encouraged as you go through this phase and remember it to will pass.

Anonymous said...

Logan's doing the same thing! We try a potty training day about once a month but he's not quite there yet. I wouldn't hurt to try an hour or so and see if she gets it. Just hang out in the bathroom for an hour with her with a juice box and (candy or a prize) for if she goes.